Pages
▼
Monday, December 31, 2012
Menu Planning Monday. Dec. 31st, 2012
2012. I am willing to bet I will type/write that at least 20 more times before I get the hang of writing 2013. Am I the only one who does this?
I have a confession to make. It is New Year's Eve and I am thrilled to be home in my comfy clothes looking forward to a quiet evening of board games and silliness with my family. I am not really a party gal, so to me, this is perfect!
What's on the menu for the week?
Mon.- Sweet and Spicy Chili (Great recipe--I make mine in the soup pot and don't use the jars. Then I make cornbread in a separate pan.) Honey Jalapeno Cornbread
Tues.- Traditional New Year's Meal. Collard greens, hopping john, and cornbread.
Wed.- Slow Cooker Tomato-Basil Parmesan Soup with bread and salad.
Thurs.- leftovers
Fri.- dinner out
Sat.- potluck buffet with family
Sun.- dinner with friends
I hope you all have a very Happy New Year! Are you out celebrating or cozy at home? I'd love to know! Wishing you much happiness in 2013!
xoxo Elizabeth


Happy New Year my sweet friend!!! It's gone midnight here so it's 2013 already! xxxxx
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! We played games at a friend's house so it was pretty much like being cozy at home. I had never heard of black eyed peas being called Hopping John...I had to google that one ;) Looks like a great menu. I might have to steal a few of these!
ReplyDeleteMalissa, That sounds like fun! My hubby is from Charleston... I think hopping john is a lowcountry thing. It's the one thing he asks for each year. The chili is especially good... even better the next day!
DeleteHope you all have a great New Year's Day!