1. In The Frying Pan: Sautéing onions and garlic. I use a spoon of coconut oil and sauté onions and garlic when I start a recipe.
2. In My Coffee: I put a teaspoon in my coffee each morning. This might seem weird at first, but coconut oil is a great source of healthy fat and the flavor is very mild. It makes my coffee feel a little more rich and creamy.
3. Shaving Gel: Leaves your legs silky smooth!
4. Eye Makeup Remover: This is my favorite use for coconut oil! I've become more careful about the chemicals I use on my skin. I gently rub a dab of coconut oil over my eyelid and the mascara comes right off! Even waterproof mascara!
5. Lotion: Out of lotion? A little dab of coconut oil works like a charm!
6. On The Ends Of Your Hair: Ever feel like your ends are a little dry? Or you get those wispy flyways? Rub just a hint of coconut oil into the ends of your hair. I leave it on all day... just a hint so your hair does not look oily.
7. On Your Toothbrush: Mix a little bit of coconut oil with baking soda until the consistency is like paste. Add a drop of peppermint essential oil. Now you have a toothpaste that will leave your mouth feeling nice and fresh!
And one bonus tip...Our pup has dry skin and coconut oil is great for his coat. I add a couple teaspoons to his food each morning. He is a lab mix, so of course he just gobbles it right up!
Coconut oil is a solid at room temp, but it quickly turns clear and melts when it warms up a bit. I buy my coconut oil at Trader Joe's. You can find it online and in most grocery stores and health food stores.
There are so many ways to use coconut oil. Have you tried it? I'd love to know how you use it!
Hope you all are well and happy!