Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Stitch Fix Review #1 A Colorful Spring Dress



Hi Friends! I hope you all are doing well and looking forward to a great week! The last two days in Charlotte have been sunny and warm. Spring is on the way!

I needed a new Spring dress for my upcoming college reunion, so I thought I would give Stitch Fix a try. I do not like shopping for clothes. When I discovered a box of clothes selected by a stylist especially for me could arrive at my doorstep, I did not hesitate!

Have you heard of Stitch Fix? A stylist sends you 5 items selected to fit you and your style...or help you branch out a little if you are in a rut. It is very easy!

1) Fill out a profile about sizes and styles you like. Give an estimate of the price you will to pay for tops, pants, dresses, etc. You can choose to receive all clothes or you can ask to receive jewelry, a handbag, or a scarf with your fix. You can leave a link to your Pinterest style page. There is also space for extra comments. I left this mini book for my stylist to read:)
"Love simple stylish things. Do not like big drape necklines or decorative zippers. Comfort over style most days, but if I can combine the two, that will be great! Love patterns, but nothing too bold or geometric! Love a-line skirts that are at least knee length but not fluffy skirts.  No lace, metallics, embellishments, or odd cutouts. Thank you!"

2) Schedule your fix. The $20 styling fee includes styling and postage to and from your home. If you keep at least one of your items, the styling fee is deducted from your item! For example,  if you keep a $30 scarf, you will only pay and additional $10.

3) When your fix arrives, you have 3 days to try your items and decide what to keep. The items you do not want are placed in a postage paid envelope that comes with your fix. Drop it in your mailbox to return to Stitch Fix.  If you decide to keep all 5 items, you get 25% off your total.

I was pretty excited when this box showed up at my door!

 

Here is a list of my goodies! I love the styling ideas to dress things up or down. You can try every piece with items you already have in your closet. This is my favorite thing about Stitch Fix!


41 Hawthorn Freddy Sleeveless Chiffon Dress $58 Perfect fit and color!
Katherine Barclay Nadia Ponte Pencil Skirt $98 Great color...too pricey!
Tart Benni Ikat Print Knit Shirt $84 Too crazy and bold for me.
Pomelo Ivy Colorblock Tab-Sleeve Blouse $68 This was a little big and I did not like the colorblocking.
Kensie Jeans Sophia Ankle Length Skinny Jean $88 Very comfy. Fit well except they needed another inch on top because I am tall. I do not want to tug at the back of my jeans when I sit down.

41 Hawthorn
Freddy Sleeveless Chiffon Dress $58

I kept the dress! It is comfortable and I love wearing bright colors! It will be perfect for Spring and Summer! And I love that it matches a long necklace my daughter gave me for Christmas:)
Overall, I was pleased with my first fix! It was fun and I have heard the stylists get to know you better with time and detailed feedback. All of the shirts cost more than I would normally spend on a top. Hopefully next time, the stylist will pay more attention to my prices. Also, I am not sure the stylist looked at my Pinterest style board, so I made a note of that when I left feedback.

If you hate shopping and want to try Stitch Fix, you are welcome to use my referral link. I will get a $25 credit if you sign up. I will not see who it is from, so if you do, please know that I am very appreciative! I hope your box is as much fun as mine has been!

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment. I will reply right here on this post.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Is it sunny in your town yet?

xoxo Elizabeth




4 comments:

  1. This is SO fun. I'm glad you kept the dress and I hope you post a picture :) I've missed your updates by the way! Happy Spring (please?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Oh Amy, I am so glad you stopped by! Thank you for missing my updates...life has just been too busy this school year. I have missed you too! I hope you and your family are doing well! I will post a picture when I wear the dress. Little Polka Dot took a photo of me, but she is so much shorter and I looked like a giant at that angle!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea Elizabeth, bet the dress looks great! Thanks for all your kind words on my blog...it means a lot xx Hope you're having a good week and the sun is out here too! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! You are welcome...I always enjoy your photos and writing! This week has been good...lots of sunshine and even a little quiet time:) xoxo, Elizabeth

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to say hello! Instead of sending emails, I always leave replies in the comment section. So if you have a question, check back here for the answer:)
It may take a moment for your comment to appear on the blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...