Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Chilly Night Chili Recipe

Handmade Bowls from The Mud Place

Rain, rain, and more rain! It's the perfect night for chili!

This is my favorite chili recipe from one of my dearest college buddies. Sometimes, I use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.

Chilly Night Chili
1 pound ground beef
1 big onion, chopped
2 cans of red kidney beans
2 cans of tomato soup (Campbell's Healthy Request is my favorite!)
1/2 tsp.salt
1 Tbsp. chilli powder

Brown the meat and onion in a little bit of butter and cook until meat is brown-about 10 minutes. Add everything else and let simmer-covered for 1/2 hour. Make sure not to let it burn on bottom of pan. This works great in a crock-pot. It freezes well and always tastes even better the next day! Serves 6-8 I love it best with a spoonful of sour cream!

Sending you all warm and cozy wishes for a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This is great - I will have to try this recipe out! Thank you for featuring my chili bowls with your wonderful recipe! -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic going to keep it for the next rainy day, my sons will love it
    Wonderful bowls by the mud place
    Yael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderfully easy - and yummy! A question - what kind of soup do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone for the nice comments! Jaci, I like Campbell's Tomato Healthy Request. Thanks for asking--I actually proofed this 3 times and did not realize the error! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to say hello! Instead of sending emails, I always leave replies in the comment section. So if you have a question, check back here for the answer:)
It may take a moment for your comment to appear on the blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...