Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Menu Plan Menu January 7, 2013



Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for a good week! We spent the weekend at Edisto Beach, SC. My hubby's parents live there and we celebrated a late Christmas with his family. It was so much fun! We were blessed with: good chats, delicious food, pretty (but cold) weather, and tremendous fun with the cousins! I took my Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies and they were hit!

What's cooking in our kitchen this week?
Mon.- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup and salad.
Tues.- leftovers
Wed.- Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken , green peas, and rice.
Thurs.- leftovers (For my family--I am going out with friends!)
Fri.- take-out
Sat.- Breakfast for dinner! Pancakes, bacon, and fresh fruit!
Sun.- Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup

Last week's Tomato Basil soup was fabulous! I have to admit that at 5:30 that day, I remembered that I was planning to make dinner in the crockpot. I decided to make it on the stove and sauteed the celery, carrots, and onion in a drizzle of olive oil before adding the other ingredients to my stock pot. I think the roux that is added at the end is what makes it so fabulous!

Do you ever forget to start your crockpot/ slow cooker in the morning? What do you do?

Hope you all have a happy week! I am so glad you stopped by today!
xoxo, Elizabeth

p.s. I'm linking up with Menu Plan Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend Elizabeth!! I saw my brother and his family which was great too! Have a wonderful week. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to look at your recipes more often, Elizabeth...all sounds so delicious! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning , Elizabeth! I love your menu plans. I am a menu planner as well. We love breakfast for dinner in this house. I am enjoying reading through your blog! Have a wonderful day! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to say hello! Instead of sending emails, I always leave replies in the comment section. So if you have a question, check back here for the answer:)
It may take a moment for your comment to appear on the blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...