Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Get Your Kids to Eat More Veggies!
I want my kids to eat more veggies.
My daughter (age 10) loves them. My son (age 13) hates them. This week, I am trying something new. Every night with dinner, I put a platter of fresh fruit and veggies on the table. I don't make a big deal about the tray... they just take what appeals to them. (When I try to talk my kids into something, they pretty much run in the opposite direction!)
This is so simple. It takes about 10 minutes to wash and cut everything. You can do it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge.
How is it going? My daughter adds lots of veggies and fruit to her plate. My son has eaten a couple pieces of broccoli (and lots of fruit).
The best things about this fruit and veggie tray?
1) It is bright and colorful. Very appealing!
2) Because my children eat more fruits and veggies, they do not go directly to the pantry after dinner to look for something else to eat.
3) My son is getting used to the idea of being close to veggies:)
4) My hubby and I eat more fruits and veggies too!
5) I pack up the leftovers to send in school lunches.
How do YOU get your children to eat more vegetables? (Any and all advice is appreciated!) Leave a comment to let us know what works for you!