Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Day with my Dad and a Red Gingham Kitchen

Just like my childhood kitchen!


Recently, I spent the best day with my dad. We drove up to Concord, NC and spent the morning strolling around the charming town. Shopped in antique stores. Found a great place for lunch. Found a chocolatier (we stopped there twice, yes we did)! Toured an old courthouse that has been turned into a theater and an art gallery. Such a fun day! 


While we were browsing, I came across a fabulous find! An old play kitchen just like the one I adored when I was a little girl. I knew it instantly...the red gingham...the window over the sink...the little apple clock. It was like seeing a dear old friend again!


Well, this surely explains my love of gingham. Sadly, the little apple clock did not create an ability to keep track of time. I never wear a watch.


Do you have a favorite toy from your childhood? I'd love to know!


xoxo Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I'd say my typewriter was a favorite toy. I loved to play office and school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, it sounds like you had the best day! The kitchen is so sweet Elizabeth. One of my favourite toys as a child was a play post office set, it had stamp pads and everything, I loved it!! I also used to love playing libraries with my books and strangely I worked in a real library for many years in my twenties!! Hope the end of the week is treating you well? Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day!! I had a kitchen like that when I was little too! My parents kept it for me and my girls use it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane S.,I loved playing school too!
    Jane C.,I would have loved a post office set! So neat that you worked in a library! shhhh.... :) Our week was great!
    Elizabeth, I can't believe you have the same kitchen! I'm so glad your girls get to enjoy it too!

    Thank you, sweet ladies, for your comments! I enjoyed hearing about your childhood toys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to say hello! Instead of sending emails, I always leave replies in the comment section. So if you have a question, check back here for the answer:)
It may take a moment for your comment to appear on the blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...