Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Snowflake Wreath

Handmade Snowflake Wreath

Hello! We just finished our last day of school before Christmas break! I always love the last day before break. It is a bit crazy, but so much fun! We bundled up gifts to take to favorite teachers. Our yummy homemade fudge and some bird seed wreaths and red bird ornaments.

I want to share my handmade snowflake wreath. I love it so much, it is hanging in our family room this year! So easy to make. I have enjoyed cutting snowflakes since I was little! 

Snowflake Wreath
Here are the instructions for the wreath. It is so easy--just takes time to cut out the snowflakes! 


Cut a ring from a big cereal box. 10" across and 1/2" thick. 

Cover ring in aluminum foil (so the base of the wreath will blend in with the mirror). 

Cut out about 32 snowflakes. 3-4" wide. 

Barely hot glue the center of snowflakes to the ring. 

Then add more snowflakes to the outer edges of the first layer of flakes. (I like to attach these to the underneath edges of the first layer of flakes.)

Add a ribbon on top. 



This year, I added snowflake garlands to two mirrors in our home. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Snowflake Garland in the powder room


Have you made Christmas decorations this year? We still need to decorate our gingerbread houses. Now that my sweeties are out of school, we will get started on them!

Hope you all are doing well!
xoxo Elizabeth




2 comments:

  1. I might have to try making this wreath with the kids. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath Elizabeth it is so pretty!! I also love making paper snowflakes. Have a great weekend! Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to say hello! Instead of sending emails, I always leave replies in the comment section. So if you have a question, check back here for the answer:)
It may take a moment for your comment to appear on the blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...